And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved
The words “travail” and “sorrows” are translated from the same Greek word ódin meaning birth pains. So when speaking about biblical prophecy we should relate the word Sorrows to a women’s child birth experience. Just as a women’s birth pains increase in severity and frequency so will the Earth’s “birth pains” increase as time goes by, getting closer to the return of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Although all the signs Jesus mentions has happened time and time again in the past we are to notice that they are seemingly happening more often and at times all at once. I am led to believe we have been in the Beginning of Sorrows since the death of Jesus Christ. We are to also expect the signs will only increase in severity and frequency. Isaiah 13:8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.
As with any End Times Prophecy events there are always signs. We will break down several of the signs and relate them to today’s world.
- Matthew 24:4-5, 11, 24 Be not Deceived As we get closer the return of Jesus it is mentioned several times that there will be a falling away from his word and many will be deceived by False Doctrine. 2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; In today’s world there is a significant decline in people who call themselves Christians. The number of Americans with no religious affiliation has grown by 25 percent over the past five years, and the younger you are the more likely you are not to be affiliated with any religion. Also there has been a rise in Lukewarm Church’s who have decided to lean on their own understanding and focus on Purpose instead of Jesus. Some Church’s even seem to have a Rock Concert vibe with a Starbucks instead of being a place of worship. There has also been a rise in a heart breaking doctrine called Chrislam that combines Muslims beliefs with Christianity claiming we serve the same God. During this time of great falling away the Anti-Christ will arise and bring World Peace and perform small wonders deceiving many out of Fear and lack of Knowledge.
- Matthew 24:6-7 Wars and Rumors of Wars We have always been a civilization of violence and our past is full of death and destruction brought on by fighting, but never has it been as severe as today. But Jesus tells us not to be alarmed for these things must pass in order for his return. This statement from Jesus doesn’t make it any easier though because all you have to do is turn on the news and see for yourself the World is heading for a great battle as never seen before. Russia, Iran, Turkey, China, Syria, North Korea, Israel, Iraq and the US all hold major roles in this battle that is yet to come. Alliances are being made, Refugees have completely deserted a country and Nuclear War is increasingly becoming a World concern. Revelation 16:14 – For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
- Matthew 24:7 Famines There has always been hunger and diseases running rampet throughout history. The difference is that in today’s World it has effected every nation, every country and it isn’t getting any better. Some countries are completely out of food, In others residents must stand in lines for hours with no guarantee they will leave with any food, Grocery stores shelves are empty and people are fighting each other for what is left. Mark 13:8 And there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
Venezuelans standing in line for food and empty shelves in Grocery store
4. Matthew 24:7 Pestilence The number of outbreaks, and kinds of diseases, have both increased significantly since 1980. The 2014 outbreak of Ebola raised awareness and concern of the potential of a global outbreak of a infectious disease. In February 2016, many nations have tried to understand the implications of the Zika virus. Especially, after the World Health Organization designated it as an international public health emergency because of the suspected relationship between Zika and a rise in cases of microcephaly a congenital condition. We have also seen a rise in older diseases that were once thought to be eradicated start to show up again in different parts of the world. Psalm 91:6 Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon Ezekiel 7:15 The sword is outside and the plague and the famine are within. He who is in the field will die by the sword; famine and the plague will also consume those in the city.
5. Matthew 24:7 Earthquakes It is just a matter of time before the Earth experiences a Quake so great that it will effect every person on Earth. Revelation 16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, [and] so great. It is very possible to have a 10.0 Earthquake so massive that it would damage the Earth’s crust with a fault line that would circle the planet causing massive destruction and unbelievably high death tolls. It is not a matter of if it will happen, the bible says it will, the question is When will it happen. Here is a link to an article that Fox news published from reports given by the USGS http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/03/28/usgs-risk-earthquakes-in-2016-increases-especially-in-oklahoma.html This is a picture of an Earthquake that destroyed this small town in Italy August 24,2016
6. Matthew 24:9-10 Christian Persecution Christians are the most persecuted group in the world today, especially in the Middle East where ancient Christian communities are rapidly disappearing as a result of the rise of Islam. In countries such as Iraq, Syria and Libya, millions of Christians have been murdered after being given the opportunity to convert to Islam or to be killed. Not only is it spreading in the Middle East but it is creeping into the United States as well. All across the United States local governments are being forced to remove any signs of Christianity and persecution is increasingly getting worse in our schools by attacking students themselves or banning prayer in school.
7. Matthew 24:12 Wickedness shall increase and love of many will wax Cold There is no debate when it comes to the sins of this World that it is truly turning into an evil place. This becomes possible when God’s word is being destroyed and people are turning away from it. We as a civilization have become so numb to the things that happen around us, it becomes a way of life and acceptance happens more often. Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers This will only increase as more people choose to live in this World, we will watch unspeakable acts and distress rise as if no one is even trying to stop it.
BUT, THERE IS GOOD NEWS!!
We are promised that he that shall endure into the end will be saved
A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembered no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
Once all these signs come to pass and we continue to see them increase in severity and frequency we are to look up for our redemption draweth nigh! The True Body of Christ will be swept into the clouds to escape the trials and tribulations that evil doers and mockers will have to endure. We are to be watchful and vigilant for two shall be in the field, one will be taken and one will be left, two women shall be grinding, one will be taken and the other left. For we will now when it shall come but pray that we will not have to flee in the winter and know that we may not be able to return home to gather our things and we not even have a home to return to. I pray you heed my words and Jesus’s warnings for it is not something to be taken likely, your eternal soul and that of your families are at risk. May God Bless and please continue to pray!
Here is a great video about all things I have just talked about in the last two weeks alone!